Vote Rob Unwin for Nether Edge & Sharrow on 22nd June
Help us elect Rob Unwin as the second Green Councillor in Nether Edge & Sharrow.
It’s Greens or Labour here
Council elections in this ward are a close contest between Greens and Labour.
In the 2016 election here, Greens came a close second to Labour in numbers of votes. Alison Teal was elected with two Labour councillors.
Building the Green Future
Green councillors listen to local people and work hard. We stand up to Sheffield’s Labour Council, who haven’t listened properly to residents on issues like anti-social behaviour, bus services, schools changes and tree-felling. We’ve challenged how the Council has privatised Sheffield services. Electing more Greens will mean a better, more responsive Council.
We recently made proposals for the Council’s plans and budget. These would have:
- Increased funding for public libraries and social care facilities
- Created more jobs and homes for Sheffield residents
- Improved road safety in the city centre.
But none of our proposals were taken up by the ruling Labour group.
Rob works closely with local residents, community groups and Green councillors to improve your area. He says “I believe strongly in equality and fairness. I listen to local people, and work alongside Cllr Alison Teal to get your voices heard.”
He has also tackled anti-social behaviour, leaking roofs, litter and fly-tipping; and worked to improve local roads and parks.
A Listening Council
- Greens would broadcast Council meetings and open the big private contracts like Amey’s to public scrutiny.
- Labour haven’t listened to local people; and have expelled and suspended councillors representing them
Crime and Anti-Social Behaviour
- Green Councillors have funded youth activities and worked with community groups to deal with problems.
- Labour have cut Safer Neighbourhood Officers and refused to give police more powers to deal with anti-social behaviour.
Transport & Environment
- Greens have fought for safer roads, better public transport, cycling and walking routes, and a proper street tree strategy.
- Labour have let our bus services decline and air pollution stay high, and are felling healthy trees against the wishes of many residents.
- Greens would build more and better quality homes. We’d improve private rented standards.
- Labour rejected solar energy plans that would have cut bills for hundreds of local residents.
You can send us a one off donation or set up a regular payment.
Get involved in the campaign in Nether Edge & Sharrow
Sign up to help deliver leaflets or knock on doors. Find details of our upcoming group sessions and action days here. To offer help outside of these times, please contact email@example.com.