Did you know? Just 9 Labour councillors in the Council Cabinet make all the big Council decisions?
Green Party councillors:
- Listen to local people and help them get their voices heard
- Will consult residents properly, taking genuine account of their views
- Challenge the Council so they serve you better
- Want all councillors involved in decision-making, not just the Cabinet
Green councillors are free to act on your behalf, pressing the council to listen properly to you
Did you know? Road widening plans ignored Cycle Sheffield plus Kelham Island residents’ air pollution concerns. Claims to “replace” a pedestrian crossing were proved to mean it would just be removed.
Did you know? The council spent £413,000 trying to jail peaceful street tree protesters. The council’s policy meant thousands of healthy trees were felled that should have been saved.
Did you know? A Freedom of Information request revealed that estate demolition was always in the Gleadless Valley Masterplan despite council assurances to the contrary.
Did you know? Conditions requiring IKEA to pay £400,000 for sustainable travel improvements were so poorly written by the Council they are unenforceable. IKEA will fund no new cycle infrastructure.
Elect more Green councillors on May 2nd
A Green vote is for:
- A healthier, caring city – centred on people’s needs with support for low income households
- Safer & cleaner streets – in a healthy, urban environment with street trees
- Jobs in a thriving local economy – with a living wage not zero hours contracts
- Decent homes and neighbourhoods – investing in affordable rented housing
- Better transport and air quality – safe walking and cycling & urgent climate emergency action
Green councillors make a difference in your local communities