Sheffield Greens are standing candidates in all 28 wards for the Sheffield council elections on May 2nd
Green candidates have now stood in every city council ward election in the last 15 years. The Green council group increased from 4 to 6 councillors in the 2018 elections. The citywide Green vote increased by 3.8% to 17.5%. Read the detailed Wikipedia entry here.
- Ruth Mersereau aims to join Douglas Johnson and Martin Phipps, councillors in City Ward, where Rob Murphy is standing down after 11 years as a councillor
- Angela Argenzio aims to join Kaltum Rivers, councillor in Broomhill & Sharrow Vale ward where Lord Mayor Magid Magid is standing down after 3 years as a councillor
- Paul Turpin seeks election in Gleadless Valley ward where we were a close second in 2018. Labour are defending.
- Peter Garbutt aims to join Alison Teal, councillor in Nether Edge & Sharrow ward. Labour are defending.
- Bernard Little seeks election in Walkley ward where we were a close second in 2018. Labour are defending. Bernard was a Central ward Green councillor from 2006 to 2010.
Ruth Mersereau said,
“I’m delighted and excited to see my name as a Green candidate for City Ward. Standing as a Green is a big team effort and I hope to get the chance to work alongside the Green councillors already making a difference in the city centre, Kelham Island and Highfield.”
- We can supply electronic copies of election communications for all the above council wards on request (please note some file sizes are around 20MB)
- Candidate profiles are here.